What are the technical causes of low productivity in agriculture?
Causes of the Low Productivity of Agriculture in India
- (i) Social atmosphere:
- (ii) Pressure of population on land:
- Technical Factors include techniques and methods of production:
- (i) Traditional methods of Cultivation:
- (ii) Old implements:
- (iii) Insufficient irrigation facilities:
- (iv) Problems of soil:
How technology improves productivity agriculture?
The adoption of modern technology such as “precision farming” – a new technique that boosts crop yields and reduces waste by using satellite maps and computers to match seed, fertilizer, and crop protection applications to local soil conditions – can pay for itself.
What are the technological factors responsible for the low agricultural productivity in India?
The following technological factors are also responsible for low agricultural productivity in Indian agriculture:
- Traditional Methods of Cultivation:
- Lack of High Yielding Seeds:
- Scanty Use of Fertilizer:
- Inadequate Irrigation Facilities:
- Lack of Agricultural Research:
What can be the measures to improve low productivity of the Indian agriculture sector?
The following are suggestions for removal of low productivity of Indian agriculture:
- (i) Better Irrigation Facilities:
- (ii) Supply of Quality Seeds:
- (iii) Green Manure:
- (iv) Credit Facilities:
- (v) Agricultural Marketing:
- (vi) Land Reforms:
- (vii) Mixed Farming:
- (viii) Education:
What is technological change in agriculture?
The use of new technologies and the opportunities they offer help agriculture in the process of adapting to the new demands of marketing, sales and crop profitability.
What are the negative effects of agricultural technology?
(i) Limits or destroys the natural habitat of most wild creatures, and leads to soil erosion. ADVERTISEMENTS: (ii) Use of fertilizers can alter the biology of rivers and lakes.
What type of technologies are used to make modern agriculture more efficient?
Today’s agriculture routinely uses sophisticated technologies such as robots, temperature and moisture sensors, aerial images, and GPS technology. These advanced devices and precision agriculture and robotic systems allow businesses to be more profitable, efficient, safer, and more environmentally friendly.
What are the effect of low productivity in Indian agriculture?
Farmers fail to get suitable price for their produce. Inadequate means of transport forces the farmers to sell their produce to local money lenders at low prices. Due to lack of warehousing facilities, farmers can not able to store their produce when prices are low.
What are the causes of low agricultural productivity in India UPSC?
Causes of Low Agricultural Productivity in India
- Heavy Burden of the Population.
- Illiteracy, Superstition, and Malnutrition.
- Defective Social Organisation of Farmers.
- Traditional Methods of Farming.
- Size of Fields.
- Insufficient irrigation Facilities.
- Uncertainty of Rain.
- Faulty and Tenancy System.
How can we solve the problem of low agricultural productivity?
Suggestions For Problem Of Low Productivity in India
- Expansion of Credit Facilities.
- Education and Training of Farmer.
- Improvement of Irrigation Facilities.
- Plant Protection Scheme.
- Technical Suggestions.
- Expansion of Marketing Facilities.
- Encouragement to Cooperative Farming.
- Population control.
What can be the measures to improve low productivity?
5 Ways To Increase Your Productivity At Work
- Stop multitasking. It can be tempting to want to take care of a few tasks at once, especially if they seem small or easy.
- Take breaks.
- Set small goals.
- Take care of the biggest tasks when you’re most alert.
- Implement the “two-minute rule”
What is the new technology in agriculture?
Future agriculture will use sophisticated technologies such as robots, temperature and moisture sensors, aerial images, and GPS technology. These advanced devices and precision agriculture and robotic systems will allow farms to be more profitable, efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly.
What is precision agriculture technology?
Precision agriculture (PA) is an approach to farm management that uses information technology (IT) to ensure that crops and soil receive exactly what they need for optimum health and productivity. The goal of PA is to ensure profitability, sustainability and protection of the environment.
What are some agricultural innovations?
Here we take a look at the five innovative agricultural technologies and practices that are changing agriculture across the world.
- Bees and drones.
- Artificial intelligence, automation and the Internet of Things.
- Blockchain technology.
- Urban agriculture and vertical farming.
- Genetic editing.