Where is Google Analytics tracking code placed?
As per Google Analytics’ instructions, your tracking code should always be placed just after the opening of the tag of the website. The implementation of analytics tracking code also depends on what type of website you have and accordingly the code placement is recommended.
How do I put a tracking code on my website?
Select the appropriate Account and Property, then click ‘Tracking Info’ in the middle column labeled ‘Property’. Click ‘Tracking Code’ under ‘Tracking Info’ to access the website tracking code you’ll need to install on your website. On this page, you’ll see a box with multiple lines of code.
How do I setup a Google tracker?
To set up Google Analytics, you simply have to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Set up Google Tag Manager.
- Step 2: Create Google Analytics account.
- Step 3: Set up analytics tag with Google Tag Manager.
- Step 4: Set up goals.
- Step 5: Link to Google Search Console.
What data does Google track?
The simple answer is yes: Google collects data about how you use its devices, apps, and services. This ranges from your browsing behavior, Gmail and YouTube activity, location history, Google searches, online purchases, and more.
What are tracking codes?
How do I add Google Analytics code to HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
Which page should the tracking code of Google be added to?
Answer: Just before the closing tag of your website.
What is a Google tracker?
Google trackers are lurking behind most websites. Unlike privacy-focused analytics services, Google uses their Google Analytics tracker for more than just providing information about site visitors and app users to the sites and apps themselves.
How Google Analytics can track your online activity?
What is the purpose of tracking code?