How do you comment in VBA?
Steps you need to follow to add a comment in a VBA code:
- First, click on the line where you want to insert the comment.
- After that, type an APOSTROPHE using your keyboard key.
- Next, type the comment that you want to add to the code.
- In the end, hit enter to move to the new line and the comment will turn green.
How do you comment out in VB?
In VB . NET, you write a comment by writing an apostrophe ‘ or writing REM . This means the rest of the line will not be taken into account by the compiler.
How do I add a comment to a cell in Excel VBA?
VBA to Add Comments in an Excel Range – Instructions
- Open an Excel Workbook from your start menu or type Excel in your run command.
- Press Alt+F11 to Open VBA Editor or you can goto Developer Table from Excel Ribbon and click on the Visual Basic Command to launch the VBA Editor.
- Insert a Module from Insert Menu of VBA.
How do you comment a paragraph in VBA?
Now you can comment (or uncomment) as many lines as you like with a single click….Commenting a block of code in VBA
- Go to View-Toolbars-Customise.
- Select the Command tab.
- Select the Edit Category on the left.
- Drag the “Comment Block” and “Uncomment Block” icons onto your toolbar.
How do I edit comments in Excel VBA?
How to edit a comment using the Excel, VBA and Shortcut methods
- Right-click on the cell where you want to edit a comment.
- Click Edit Comment. Note: in this example we are editing a comment in cell B2.
- Edit the comment in the comment box.
How do you comment multiple lines in VB net?
Write your chunk, select it and press Ctrl+K, Ctrl+C to comment it.
How do I add a comment to a cell in VBA?
- Add or change comment: comment [a1], “This is my comment!”
- Delete existing comment: comment [a1], “” or simply comment [a1]
How do I put multiple comments in one cell in Excel?
Follow these steps:
- Insert your comment in the first cell, as you normally would.
- Select the commented cell and press Ctrl+C. This copies the cell to the Clipboard.
- Select the range of cells that you want to have the same comment.
- Select Paste Special from the Edit menu.
- Click the Comments radio button.
- Click OK.
How do you write comment code?
Here are some rules to help you achieve a happy medium:
- Rule 1: Comments should not duplicate the code.
- Rule 2: Good comments do not excuse unclear code.
- Rule 3: If you can’t write a clear comment, there may be a problem with the code.
- Rule 4: Comments should dispel confusion, not cause it.
How do you write a comment?
Top ten tips for writing a great comment
- Read the article.
- Respond to the article.
- Read the other comments.
- Make it clear who you’re replying to.
- Use the return key.
- Avoid sarcasm.
- Avoid unnecessary acronyms.
- Use facts.