Can you rebuild a 700R4?
You’ll need a transmission overhaul kit that includes all new clutches, steels, seals, and gaskets like the 700R4 Pro-Super rebuild kit we got from TCI Automotive. If your core tranny is really worn, you may need some “hard parts” like gears, drums, or even a pump that could add big bucks to the cost!
What year did they stop making 700R4 transmission?
1992 was the last year of widespread usage of the 700R4 (4L60). The 1993 Camaro, Corvette and Typhoon were equipped with the last production 700R4. The last design change of the 700R4 was an added checkball to the valve body.
How much does a 700R4 cost?
700R4 Transmission – $1,595| 5-Year Warranty.
How much torque can a built 700R4 handle?
I’ve read a stock 700r4 can handle 350 lb-ft of torque. But some were rated higher depending on it’s application. 1989 was not a high horsepower maybe 230 or torque motor if I recall correctly. You could just have that trans freshened up to handle new motor.
How can I improve my 700R4 transmission?
Boosting the Performance of Your 700R4 Rebuild
- Take Off the Pan and Filter.
- Remove the 1-2 Accumulator.
- Remove the Auxiliary Valve Body.
- Unbolt and Remove the Throttle Pressure Mechanism.
- Remove the Valve Body Bolts.
- Remove the Pressure Regulator.
- Choose Spring Type.
- Insert a New Separator Plate and Gasket.
How much horsepower does a 700R4 have?
The TCI Super StreetFighter GM 700R4 Transmission is designed for higher horsepower and higher torque street/strip applications. Features: Capable of handling 1000+ HP. 300M input shaft allows for higher torque capacity.
How much HP can a 700R4 take?
How do I get my 700R4 to hold more power?
Ultimately, the 700R4 is open to many upgrades depending on exactly what you want it to do. You can replace the oil pan, add a custom torque converter, or replace the stock input and output shafts with sturdier ones (especially if you’re pushing the transmission’s limits).
How do you rebuild a 700R4?
You’ll need a transmission overhaul kit that includes all new clutches, steels, seals, and gaskets like the 700R4 Pro-Super rebuild kit we got from TCI Automotive.
How do you tell the difference between 700R4 and 4L60E?
– Six bolts are now used to connect the tail shaft. – They only have three different types of bell-housings in North America. The most common of these is the 90 degree V6 and V8 Bellhousing. – This version, as well as the 93-97 4L60E use a 298mm input shaft /torque converter. – The vehicle speed sensor is still on the passenger side of the tail-shaft.
How to differentiate a 700R4 from a 4L60?
– ALL 4L60E transmission have a 12 pin connector from the harness. They can be purple or green depending on the year – They all are shifted by the vehicles ECM – They all have aluminum cases – No changes in gearing
How to remove shifter shaft on 700R4?
Our Shift Lever Seal Remover/Installer makes the job easy. Just thread it in, turn the bolt, and the seal is removed in seconds. Then use the included installer tool to install the new seal. You’ll receive five new linkage seals along with it, normally sold for $9.75 each. The linkage seals fit TH350, TH400, 700R4 (4L60), TH200 TH250 and TH325