How do I create a new user on EBS?
How to do it…
- Log in to EBS with the SYSADMIN user (or a user that has access to the System Administrator responsibility).
- Select the System Administrator responsibility.
- Navigate to Security | User | Define.
- Enter OAF_USER in the User Name field.
- Enter a password oracle01 in the password field and press the TAB key.
What is the use of API in Oracle Apps?
APIs are stored procedures that enable you to insert and update data in Oracle Applications. Additionally, you can use PL/SQL APIs to retrieve data. For example, by using PL/SQL APIs, you can insert a customer record in Oracle Applications.
Does Oracle have an API?
The Oracle API Manager facilitates the creation of APIs that expose the functionality of backend systems and services. These APIs are published for use by application developers and are managed and monitored at runtime.
What is API name in Oracle?
OracleAS Adapter for Oracle Applications use Application programming interfaces (APIs) to insert and update data into Oracle Applications.
How do I access Oracle API?
Connect to Oracle API Platform Cloud Service
- In the left navigation pane, click Home > Settings > Integrations > API Management.
- Click API Platform.
- In the Connection Name field, enter a name for the connection.
- In the Username and Password fields, enter the credentials for your API Platform Cloud Service user.
How do you manage users?
User management describes the ability for administrators to manage user access to various IT resources like systems, devices, applications, storage systems, networks, SaaS services, and more. User management is a core part to any identity and access management (IAM) solution, in particular directory services tools.
Who can create & assign user roles in the database?
First, the (Database Administrator)DBA must create the role. Then the DBA can assign privileges to the role and users to the role.
How do I assign a role to responsibility in Oracle Apps?
- Log on as a user that is assigned the Security Administrator role (typically as sysadmin), select the User Management responsibility in the navigator and then click the Roles & Role Inheritance subtab.
- Click the Create Role button.
What is API gateway in Oracle?
Oracle API Gateway is a comprehensive platform for managing, delivering, and securing Web APIs. It provides integration, acceleration, governance, and security for API and SOA-based systems.
What is Oracle user management?
Managing Oracle Users. Each Oracle database has a list of valid database users. To access a database, a user must run a database application and connect to the database instance using a valid user name defined in the database.
How do you create a user-defined role?
To create a user-defined role using SQL Server Management Studio, expand the server, expand Databases, and then expand the database and its Security folder. Right-click Roles, click New, and then click New Database Role.