What is the biggest collapse in baseball history?
1964 Phillies This is perhaps the most-quoted collapse in MLB history. The Phillies led the NL by 6½ games with 12 remaining. Then they chose the worst possible time to lose 10 in a row. The first of those 10 consecutive defeats was 1-0 to the Reds on a steal of home.
What is the rarest accomplishment in baseball?
Unassisted triple plays The rarest type of triple play, and one of the rarest events of any kind in baseball, is for a single fielder to complete all three outs. There have only been 15 unassisted triple plays in MLB history, making this feat rarer than a perfect game.
What was the biggest upset in MLB history?
Be sure to vote in the poll at right to crown baseball’s biggest playoff upset of all time.
- 1988 Dodgers over A’s (35 letters)
- 1990 Reds over A’s (33 letters)
- 1960 Pirates over Yankees (27 letters)
- 1969 Mets over Orioles (24 letters)
- 1993 Phillies over Braves (23 letters)
- 2001 Diamondbacks over Yankees (21 letters)
What is the hardest feat in baseball?
Regardless, the individuals who succeed with any of these feats ought to be respected.
- Stealing Home. 8 of 10.
- Unassisted Triple Play. 7 of 10.
- Perfect Game. 6 of 10.
- Four Strikeouts in One Inning. 5 of 10.
- Cycle. 4 of 10.
- No-Hitter. 3 of 10.
- Inside-the-Park Home Run. 2 of 10.
- Complete-Game Shutout. 1 of 10.
What was the biggest comeback in World Series history?
The 1968 World Series between the Tigers and Cardinals is the greatest series comeback in World Series history. St. Louis had a 3-1 series lead on the Tigers, having dominated Games 3 and 4 by a margin of 17-4.
What is the greatest World Series?
1. Twins vs Braves, 1991. With all due respect to the rest, this was the best World Series ever. Oddly enough, the home team won all seven games, but that didn’t take away from the excitement with all but one game decided by two runs or less.
Are the Mets eliminated 2021?
In the end, the Mets lost so prodigiously that their elimination from playoff contention was an afterthought. When they fell to the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday night, the Mets clinched their fifth consecutive season without a playoff berth.
What is the record for most at bats without a hit?
After failing to record a hit in his two at-bats Wednesday in Miami, Lester is now up to 61 at-bats for his career, while the previous record of 57 hitless at-bats was set by fellow pitcher Joey Hamilton in 1995.