How do I merge Subtools?
As you have already discovered, you can merge the subtools together in the subtool palette (which will combine the subtools into a single subtool but will not fuse the geometry), and then fuse them with Dynamesh. Or you could use the Dynamesh subtool boolean operations.
How do I merge two Polygroups in ZBrush?
How to combine two Polygroups in ZBrush
- CTRL+SHIFT click on the first leg (the rest of the body disappears)
- CTRL+SHIFT click on the same leg to invert the selection (everything except for the leg comes back)
- CTRL+SHIFT click on the other leg (both legs disappear)
How do I append multiple SubTools in Zbrush?
Insert multiple subtools at once
- Select the model you want to add to.
- Press Tool>SubTool>Append and pick the model you want to add from the pop-up.
- Switch to the other model in the Tool palette and select the second subtool.
- Switch back to the model you’re adding to and press Append again.
What is append in ZBrush?
Append. Press Append to add a new SubTool to the list. Choose the model you want to add from the pop-up; it will be added to the end of the list. ZBrush Primitives will automatically be converted to polymeshes, allowing them to be sculpted.
What is DynaMesh ZBrush?
DynaMesh is ZBrush’s newest base mesh generation tool. DynaMesh is a perfect solution for free-form sculpting because it removes all need for focusing on topological constraints.
How do I merge all Polygroups?
Click on the polygroup you want to “sample”, then press Shift to sample the existing polygroup assignment (pressing alt would assign a new random group). Now every polygroup cluster you click on with the tool will be assigned the polygroup you just sampled.
How do I group Polygroups in ZBrush?
Working With Polygroups
- Press CTRL+SHIFT and click on the mesh where one group is.
- Invert that selection: press CTRL+SHIFT then click and drag outside of the mesh.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT and click on the other groups you want to select.
- Invert this selection: press CTRL+SHIFT then click and drag outside the model.
What is Mirror and Weld ZBrush?
As the name implies Mirror and Weld mirrors the topology from side of the X, Y or Z access to the other. Mirror and Weld mirrors whatever is on the Negative side of the axis to the Positive. If any part of the object is in the Positive it is removed and replaced with a duplicate of the Negative side.
How do you append in ZBrush?
Press Append to add a new SubTool to the list. Choose the model you want to add from the pop-up; it will be added to the end of the list. ZBrush Primitives will automatically be converted to polymeshes, allowing them to be sculpted.
What is the difference between insert and append in ZBrush?
The only differencs is that ‘Insert’ will add the new subtool directly below the selected subtool, where ‘Append’ will add it to the end of the subtool list. ‘Insert’ can be handy if you have a lot of subtools.