How do I get rid of furniture in Albany?
BULK TRASH (e.g. household furniture, mattresses and toilets) may also be placed at the curb in limited quantities. Please call the Department of General Services at (518) 434-CITY (2489) at least 24 hours prior to your collection day to inform them of these items.
How do I get rid of a mattress in Albany NY?
Albany, New York Furniture Disposal You can dispose of old furniture in Albany, New York during normal trash pickup; however, you must call the Department of General Services to let them know you are leaving old furniture for pickup. The number to call is (518) 434-2489 and you must do so at least 24 hours before.
What days are the Albany tip shop open?
Service Options. Additional information: Open 7 days a week from 8.30am to 4.15pm.
How do I dispose of a microwave in Albany NY?
We now offer a permanent drop off location at the Department of General Services, One Conners Blvd. At your convenience, place your electronic items on the drop off platform adjacent to our facility parking area–no reservations, no prior notice is necessary.
How do I dispose of tires in Albany NY?
You can drop-off the tires at 449 New Salem Road in Voorheesville. You must fill out this form and mail it to Albany County SWCD at 24 Martin Road, Voorheesville NY 12186.
Are Brisbane tips open today?
The centres are open every day of the year, including Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Locations and opening times for Council transfer stations.
How do I dispose of a TV in Albany NY?
The City of Albany sponsors several free household hazardous waste and electronics drop off days throughout the year. For more information please call 518-434-2489 or visit the Albany Recycles website.
Is Styrofoam recyclable in Albany NY?
There is at least one place in the Albany area where some Styrofoam can be recycled. Shelter Enterprises Inc., 8 Saratoga St., Cohoes, accepts certain types of Styrofoam, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday-Friday.
How do I dispose of old tires in NY?
It is illegal to place tires in the trash. Tires can be taken to a Special Waste Drop-Off Site (up to four per visit). DSNY garages will accept up to four tires from passenger cars at any of its garages located throughout NYC. Drop off tires between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM, Monday through Saturday, except holidays.
What can I do with old tires?
Here are just a handful of the amazing uses for recycled tire material:
- Gravel Substitute. Anywhere gravel is used, chances are that tire chips can be used instead.
- Crumb Rubber. Crumb rubber is finely ground rubber produced from waste tires.
- Landfill Medium.
- Wastewater Treatment Filters.
- Garden Mulch.
What to do with dirt after digging?
Dirt Recycling Options
- Store It for Reuse. You can keep leftover soil for use in future backyard projects with a few sturdy soil storage bins.
- Take It to a Landscape Supplier. If you have a truck and some time on your hands, you can recycle dirt by taking it to a landscape supplier.
- Find a C&D Recycler.
What can I do with excess soil?
How to dispose of unwanted soil
- Use a waste clearance service. You could organise for a waste clearance service to come and collect your soil and garden waste.
- Hire a skip. For garden waste removal, you could also consider hiring a skip.
- Advertise locally.
- Use it for a DIY project.
- Be aware of COVID-19 changes.