How do I enable pre Scan in Backup Exec?
- Go to Backup Exec Icon on the top left hand corner.
- Select Configuration and Settings | Backup Exec Settings.
- Uncheck the option “Display progress indicators for backup jobs. This requires additional time to pre-scan resource.”
What is Backup Exec Bedb?
Backup Exec automatically sets up a daily backup (dump) of the BEDB as a part of Database Maintenance,But there are times when it is required to back up the BEDB manually. For example, It is required to backup the BEDB prior upgrading Backup Exec or before performing maintenance on the media server.
How do I set up Veritas backup?
Step by step Veritas Backup Exec v20 storage configuration.
- From Home windows under Storage Status, so click Configure Storage.
- Select the Disk-based storage configuration Veritas and then click Next.
- Select Disk Storage and then click Next.
- Type Storage Name and Description and click Next.
How do I repair Backup Exec?
To repair Backup Exec:
- Close the Backup Exec application.
- From Windows Control Panel, double-click Programs and Features .
- Select Veritas Backup Exec (TM)
- From the options given above, choose Change or Right click Veritas Backup Exec and choose Change.
- Select the Local Install and Repair options and then click Next.
What is Ralus?
Description. RALUS extends Backup Exec’s advanced agent technology to ASUSTOR NAS by providing full, incremental, and differential backup support, restore capabilities and client-side deduplication for supported distributions of Linux.
How do I restore Active Directory from Symantec Backup Exec?
Symantec Backup Exec On the navigation bar, click the down arrow next to Restore. Click New Restore Job. In the View by Resource pane, double-click a backup set that contains the most recent System State backup. If you want to restore Active Directory objects from a previous backup, select the appropriate backup set.
How do I start NetBackup Web Management Console service?
- Reconfigure the wmc (Web Management Console) using the following commands. Windows: install_path\NetBackup\wmc\bin\install\configureWmc. install_path\NetBackup\wmc\bin\install\configureCerts. install_path\NetBackup\wmc\bin\install\setupWmc. UNIX/Linux:
- Restart the NetBackup services.
- This should fix the wmc issue.
How do I Backup my Samsung phone before factory reset?
Link your Android phone to PC using a USB cable, and then follow the hints to enable USB debugging mode on Android. The software will check your phone fast. – Once done, tap on the “Backup” icon on the interface. – The program will scan your Android data instantly.
How do I Backup my data before factory reset?
Sign into your Samsung account. At the screen to back up data, review the apps and services and enable the ones you want to include in the backup. Turn on the switch for Auto back up if that option appears, or tap on the Back Up or Backup Now command to perform a manual backup.
How do I run pre and post commands in Backup Exec?
To run pre and post commands, do the following: Start Backup Exec, and then select Window | Job Setup. Right-click the job to be modified, and select Properties. The Backup Job Properties window will appear. Select Pre/Post Commands (Figure 1).
How do I check if a backup Command has been completed?
Allow Backup Exec to check the return codes (or exit codes) of the pre- and post-commands to determine if the commands completed successfully. An exit code of zero returned to the operating system by the pre or post-command is interpreted by Backup Exec to mean the command completed successfully.
What is the meaning of the exit code in Backup Exec?
An exit code of zero returned to the operating system by the pre or post-command is interpreted by Backup Exec to mean the command completed successfully. A non-zero exit code is interpreted by Backup Exec to mean the command ended with an error.