What should sub plans include?
Your packet should include:
- School emergency procedures such as fire drills and lock-downs.
- Insights into student behavior and past problems.
- Health concerns.
- Special accommodations.
- Map of the school.
- Names of helpful associates.
- Extra responsibilities.
- Technology tips.
How do I set up a sub plan?
Here are 3 steps for writing sub plans:
- Step 1: Create a Substitute Plan Template.
- Step 2: Fill out your Template for the Longest Day in Your Schedule.
- Step 3: Fill out your Template for the Other Days in Your Schedule.
How do you write a sub plan?
Here are four tips for writing emergency sub plans to make taking an unexpected sub day as painless as possible.
- 1) Have sub plans ready to go in advance.
- 2) Include a classroom schedule.
- 3) Include basic classroom management procedures.
- 4) Keep lessons simple for the substitute, yet engaging for your students.
Is being a sub hard?
Substitute teaching is one of the most difficult jobs in education. It is also one of the most important. It takes a remarkable person to be able to adapt effectively to all the situations that will be thrown at her as a substitute teacher.
Is substitute teaching stressful?
Subbing is infamous because it’s a position of incredibly high stress—and incredibly low stakes.
Is being a sub worth it?
Substitute teaching is a great job opportunity for many people. Whether you are just starting a career in teaching or just looking to make some extra money with a flexible part-time job, getting into substitute teaching might be an excellent career move.
Why do students misbehave with substitute teachers?
One reason students misbehave for a substitute is the pacing of the day. This can be because there weren’t enough activities left or there were too many and none were labeled as a top priority.
What goes in a long term sub binder?
I like to divide my sub binder into the following sections:
- School schedules.
- Class & school information.
- Classroom management.
- Classroom procedures.
- Other information.
- Emergency procedures.
- End of the day forms.
- Emergency sub plans.
Is being a sub easy?
Substitute teaching is a very challenging job—even full-time teachers will admit that. It’s near impossible to walk into a room full of strangers and expect they’ll respect you, listen to you, and behave nicely!
How do you discipline a substitute?
Classroom-Management Tips for Substitute Teachers
- of 08. Talk to Students Before Class. Thomas Barwick / Iconica / Getty Images.
- of 08. Act Like You’re in Control.
- of 08. Don’t Get Too Friendly.
- of 08. Stay on Top of Discipline.
- of 08. Avoid Confrontations.
- of 08. Give Praise.
- of 08. Keep Students Busy.
- of 08. Have Referral Forms Ready.
How do you write a long term sub plan?
Tips and Tricks for Writing Long Term Sub Plans
- Start early. It will probably take longer than you think to get everything ready.
- Make a Sub Binder.
- Type It All Up.
- What to Include in a Sub Binder: