How do I trigger a blue screen in Windows 8?
- Open Regedit.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servicesrt\Parameters.
- Add a new DWORD (32-bit) Registry value here with name = CrashOnCtrlScroll and value = 1.
- Now you close regedit and restart PC.
- Finally hold down Right Ctrl and press Scroll Lock twice to trigger the BSOD.
How do I check for blue screen?
How do I check the BSOD log?
- Press Windows + X keyboard shortcut to open the Quick Links menu.
- Click on Event Viewer.
- Look over the Actions pane.
- Click the Create Custom View link.
- Select a time range.
- Check the Error checkbox in the Event Level section.
- Select the Event Logs menu.
- Check the Windows Logs checkbox.
How do I fix the blue screen glitch?
How to fix a Blue Screen of Death on a Windows PC
- Uninstall incompatible software.
- Run a memory checker.
- Check for hard drive errors.
- Remove non-essential peripherals.
- Replace defective or incompatible expansion cards.
- Run SetupDiag after a failed Windows update.
- Perform a clean install.
Why is my screen showing blue?
The blue screen happens when Windows encounters a critical error that stops the operating system from running. These critical errors can be the result of faulty hardware, faulty or low level hardware drivers, or faulty or low level apps that run within the Windows kernel.
How do I force the blue screen of death?
After a restart, you can force a blue screen by holding the right farthest Ctrl Key and pressing the Scroll Lock key twice. Once done, the system triggers KeBugCheck to generate a 0xE2 error, and a blue screen pops up with a message as Manullay_INITIATED_CRASH.
How do I get the blue screen in Command Prompt?
Right click your start button and select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt. In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.
How do you get past the blue screen of death?
If you have an app causing compatibility problems, the Blue Screen of Death is likely to happen randomly, or every time you launch the program. You can get around this problem by downloading and installing the latest version of the app from the software support website.
How do I force a blue screen in Windows?
Does SFC fix blue screen?
Damaged or rewritten system files may cause the error. The command sfc finds damaged Windows system files and replaces them.