Can you apple pick in Georgia?
Georgia has some wonderful U-pick apple orchards less than two hours from Atlanta in the north Georgia Mountains, and no matter how busy we are, the boys always make time for a trip to the Apple Capital of Georgia – Gilmer County – for some delicious Ellijay, Georgia apples and a BBQ lunch.
What fruits can I pick now NJ?
You can pick strawberries, cherries, lavender, blueberries, asparagus, and sunflowers in the early part of the year. Later on there are raspberries, blackberries, pears, apples and pumpkins ripening in the fields.
What fruit is in season right now in New Jersey?
New Jersey Produce
- Apples, July through October (cold storage until spring)
- Arugula, May through September.
- Asparagus, May, and June.
- Basil, July through September.
- Beets, June through December.
- Blackberries, late July through mid-August.
- Blueberries, July and August.
- Broccoli, June through November.
What season are apples?
Depending on the variety, apples are available from late July through early November. Gala, Macoun and McIntosh ones are ready to go in September, so start stocking up now. Gala apples are sweet with a reddish-orange and yellow-striped skin.
What is in an orchard?
An orchard is a type of farm where fruits and nuts are grown on trees and shrubs. Examples of orchard fruits are apples, pears, oranges, bananas, and cherries. Examples of orchard nuts are pecans, walnuts, and almonds.
What is NJ State Fruit?
The blueberry, which was first cultivated in Whitesbog, became the official state fruit in 2004. In 2003, fourth graders at Veteran’s Memorial Elementary School in Brick campaigned to make the blueberry the official state fruit.
Where can I pick apples in Chesterfield County?
* Russo’s Orchard Lane Farm, at 310 Extonville Road in Chesterfield, will have apple picking in the coming weeks. Call 609-259-3684 to check availability or visit russosorchard.com * Strawberry Hill Farm: golden delicious apples can be picked at 3 Waln Road in Chesterfield. Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Cash or checks only.
When is the best time to pick apples in New Jersey?
The best time to pick your own apples in New Jersey is late August through September. So what are you waiting for? Many apple orchards are open now for u-pick. Here are some of our favorites, and what you should know before you go.
How many apple trees are at Melick’s apple farm?
It has more than 20,000 apple trees and also offers fresh apple cider, hard cider and apple wine. What you should know: Be sure to head to the Oldwick location for apple picking (there are other Melick’s locations throughout the state).
What kind of apples are available to pick in the fall?
In the autumn, Gala, Jonamac, Macintosh, Cortland, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Empire and many more varieties of apple are available to pick. What you should know: Backpacks, large purses, large diaper bags and reusable fruit containers are not permitted in the picking area.