What does stop running this script mean?
Stop running this script? A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly. if it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.
How do I fix this script stop running?
How to fix an unresponsive script error
- Open the Browser Console. For a script in the web page, you can open the Firefox Browser Console, which may show what is causing the error.
- Disable add-ons or run the browser in Safe Mode.
- Debug error in script.
What is a script error and how do I fix it?
How to Fix Script Errors
- Turn off Scripting Errors in IE.
- Make Sure IE Isn’t Blocking Important Scripting Features.
- Delete Temporary Internet Files.
- Allow for Pop-ups in Your Browser.
- Update Your Software.
- Check Your Security Software.
- Reset All of Internet Explorer’s Settings.
- Disable Smooth Scrolling.
How do I get rid of the long running script in Windows 10?
Under Show, tap or click All add-ons, and then select the add-on you want to turn off. Tap or click Disable, and then tap or click Close. If you have ten add-ons installed, then try to disable five at once and troubleshoot the issue by accessing the website.
What causes a long running script?
The way a browser defines a long-running script depends on that browser’s standards. Browsers such as Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge define the script by looking at the number of lines of code the script engine has executed. If the code is more than five million lines, you see a long-running script message.
What causes a long running script error?
While Script error is caused by violating the browser’s same-origin policy, a Long Running Script indicates performance issues. Every browser has a timeframe for script execution. If a script needs more time to execute, a Long Running Script error will occur.
How do I fix script errors in Internet Explorer 11?
- Press Windows key + R to open the run command.
- Type inetcpl.
- Click the Advanced tab, select the Disable script debugging Internet Explorer) and Disable script debugging (Other) check boxes.
- Clear the Display a notification about every script error check box, and then click OK.
How do I fix script errors in Windows 10?
How do I stop scripts from running on Windows 10?
How do I stop a script from running in Windows?
Start Task Manager, click on the Processes tab, right-click on wscript.exe and select End Process, and confirm in the dialog that follows. This will terminate the wscript.exe that is executing your script.