What does it mean to captivate someone?
Definition of captivate 1 : to influence and dominate by some special charm, art, or trait and with an irresistible appeal We were captivated by her beauty. The scenery captivated our attention. 2 archaic : seize, capture.
What is synonym for captivating?
Frequently Asked Questions About captivate Some common synonyms of captivate are allure, attract, charm, enchant, and fascinate.
How do you captivate someone?
The most captivating and charismatic people live by following their passions….
- Be passionate about something.
- Read as much as possible.
- Practice humility.
- Develop your sense of humor.
- Be different.
- Celebrate your weirdness.
- Learn something new and do it.
- Develop an interest in others.
How is captivate used in a sentence?
How to use Captivate in a sentence. He tried to captivate the ambitious fancy of the king. It continues to captivate the interest of gamers to this day. A beautiful feminine goddess costume will captivate anyone who sees you.
What is a captivating smile?
adjective. holding one’s attention completely. her captivating smile and alluring looks.
What does it mean when someone says your eyes are captivating?
to attract and hold the attention or interest of, as by beauty or excellence; enchant: Her blue eyes and red hair captivated him.
What is the difference between captive and captivated?
Both come ultimately from the Latin captus “taken captive.” Still, while both words mean some sort of hold on someone, capture sounds harsh, as though a trap has been set, while captivate is a softer, more attractive word that suggests there might be a willingness to be caught. Robert S.
How do you captivate your mind?
5 Ways to Captivate Hearts and Minds
- New Experiences. You have the opportunity to create the experiences you want to build.
- Story-Telling. Even if you hate talking.
- Ask Interesting Questions. Do not ask what, or who.
- Tone & Body Language. Try to practice your tone of voice.
- Remember. Keep your memory fresh!
What does captivating eyes mean?
verb (used with object), cap·ti·vat·ed, cap·ti·vat·ing. to attract and hold the attention or interest of, as by beauty or excellence; enchant: Her blue eyes and red hair captivated him. Obsolete. to capture; subjugate.
Is captivation a word?
To attract and hold the interest of, as by beauty or wit. See Synonyms at charm.
What do you call someone who is always happy and smiling?
Blithesome, genial, convivial.
How do you compliment a girl to smile?
“You light up the room when you smile!” She’ll love knowing that her smile brightens up your day. It’ll be so sweet when she knows that her smile brings good energy no matter where she goes. “I could see that smile from a mile away.” She’ll love knowing that her smile is absolutely radiant.
How do you compliment a guys eyes?
How to Compliment a Guy’s Eyes
- 1 “I love how deep brown your eyes are.”
- 2 “I love the almond shape of your eyes.”
- 3 “My heart stops when I lock eyes with you.”
- 4 “Your eyes just look so intelligent!”
- 5 “Your eyes remind me of Harry Styles’s.”
- 6 “That blue shirt really makes your eyes pop!”
How do you captivate your audience?
7 Ways to Captivate Any Audience
- Keep arousing their curiosity.
- Get them engaged from the beginning.
- Ask thought-provoking questions.
- Include humor.
- Share powerful/memorable stories that make a point.
- Have them take notes.
- Always close on a high note.