Is NYC worth visiting in December?
If you’re planning a trip to New York City, you’ll find that December is one of the most fun and exciting times to visit. With the coming of the holidays, you’ll find a variety of special events, from ice skating, to holiday markets offering seasonal treats, or simply the incredible lighting displays.
Is it worth going to New York during Christmas?
Is New York worth visiting in December? If you’re interested in holiday events, such as ice skating at the Rockefeller Center or exploring Christmas markets, then December can be a fun and exciting time to visit New York City. This is also a great time to see the city lit up for the holidays.
What is there to do in NYC on Christmas and New Years?
Fun Ideas For Christmas in New York
- The Rockettes Radio City Christmas Spectacular.
- The Nutcracker.
- Christmas Markets.
- Bryant Park.
- Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.
- Saks Fifth Avenue Light Show.
- New York Christmas Window Displays.
- Central Park.
How do I plan a Christmas trip to New York?
Things to do in New York City for Christmas
- Visit Rockefeller Center.
- Watch the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall.
- Admire the holiday window displays on Fifth Avenue.
- Marvel at the amazing view from Top of the Rock.
- Enjoy The Nutcracker from the New York City Ballet.
- Visit the Christmas Markets in New York City.
What time is best to visit Central Park?
The best time to attend a Central Park event is in the summertime when the weather is best. Take a break from usual tourist activities and join the locals with an event. Some of the most popular events include Philharmonic in the Parks and Shakespeare in the Parks.
Is New York busy between Christmas and New Year?
It’s incredibly busy and crowded. Hotel prices are not bad between Dec. 18-26/27 and then they go up dramatically for NYE.