How do I fix Oracle installation error?
If an installation fails, you must remove files that Oracle Universal Installer created during the attempted installation and remove the Oracle home directory. Follow the instructions in “Removing Oracle Database Software” to run the Deinstallation tool.
What is Oracle Universal installer?
Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) is the installer used for installing Enterprise Manager Grid Control (Grid Control). OUI is a Java-based graphical user interface application that enables you to install Oracle components from a DVD, multiple DVDs, or the Web.
Where is the Oracle Universal installer?
By default, the Universal Installer inventory is located in a series of directories at /Program Files/Oracle/Inventory on Windows computers and in the /Inventory directory on UNIX computers.
How do I run Oracle runInstaller on Windows?
On Windows platforms, select Start, Programs, Oracle Installation Products, Oracle Universal Installer. On UNIX, execute ./runInstaller from the directory where it is installed.
Can’t Start Oracle’s setup?
If there is a directory or folder with a space embedded in the name, the installer will not start. Change the offending folder name by removing any spaces embedded in the name. Then re-run the installer. NOTE: This issue can also occur when the zip file is extracted incorrectly and not all of the files are extracted.
How do I fix Oracle database configuration assistant failed?
Check the log files for the failed configuration assistant to determine the problem. The log files are located in the ORACLE_HOME/cfgtoollogs directory. Fix the problem indicated in the log file, and click Retry to rerun the failed configuration assistant.
How do I uninstall Oracle Universal Installer?
Procedure for Removing Oracle Database Client with Oracle Universal Installer
- Ensure that you first follow the instructions in “Stopping Oracle Services on Windows”.
- Start Oracle Universal Installer.
- Click the Deinstall Products button.
- Select the Oracle home you wish to remove.
- Check the boxes of components to remove.
How do I run Oracle Installer?
Log in as the Oracle installation owner user account that you want to own the software binaries. On the installation media, or where you have downloaded the installation binaries, run the runInstaller command to start Oracle Universal Installer. Note: Run the runInstaller command from the Oracle home directory only.
How do I open an Oracle database after installing?
To start or shut down Oracle Database:
- Go to your Oracle Database server.
- Start SQL*Plus at the command prompt: C:\> sqlplus /NOLOG.
- Connect to Oracle Database with username SYSDBA: SQL> CONNECT / AS SYSDBA.
- To start a database, enter: SQL> STARTUP [PFILE=path\filename]
- To stop a database, enter: SQL> SHUTDOWN [mode]
How do I download and install Oracle 19c in Windows 10?
Install Oracle Database 19c on Windows step by step
- Download Oracle Database 19c software for Windows.
- Launch the setup wizard.
- Choose database installation options.
- Choose database edition.
- Specify the location of Oracle software.
- Minimum requirements checks, summary and end of the installation.
How do I fix ins 20802 Oracle database configuration assistant failed?
Resolution. Delete the Environment Variable “ORACLE_HOME” and you can do a Retry, but most likely the installation wizard will continue to throw the same error. The best option to to deinstall Oracle SES so that everything is clean again. Try to install it again.
What is Database Configuration Assistant?
The database configuration assistant allows us to create a new database using a pre-defined template or create a database with various configuration options.
How do I deinstall Oracle 19c on Windows?
Now let’s start with the steps one by one.
- Step 1: Delete the Environment Variable.
- Step 2: Delete the Registries of Oracle 19c.
- Step 3: Restart the Machine.
- Step 4: Delete Oracle Home Users and Groups.
- Step 5: Delete the Oracle Database 19c.
What is Exfsys?
EXFSYS.EXPFILTER. This is the name of the Index type that implements the Expression Filter index. ADD TO DEFAULTS.
What is Mddata user in Oracle?
The account used by the Management Agent component of Oracle Enterprise Manager to monitor and manage the database. Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control Installation and Basic Configuration. MDDATA. MDDATA. The schema used by Oracle Spatial for storing Geocoder and router data.
What is silent installation in Oracle?
A silent installation has no graphical output and no input by the user. It is accomplished by supplying Oracle Universal Installer with a response file and specifying the -silent flag on the command line. Use silent installation when you want the same installation parameter on more than one computer.
How do I access Oracle Database?
Connecting to Oracle Database from SQL*Plus
- If you are on a Windows system, display a Windows command prompt.
- At the command prompt, type sqlplus and press the key Enter. SQL*Plus starts and prompts you for your user name.
- Type your user name and press the key Enter.
- Type your password and press the key Enter.
How do I start Oracle 11g after installation?
On Windows, from the Start menu, select Programs (or All Programs), then Oracle Database 11g Express Edition, and then Get Started. On Linux, click the Application menu (on Gnome) or the K menu (on KDE), then point to Oracle Database 11g Express Edition, and then Get Started.